Barry Bonds said tonight he wants to be a hitting coach.

Barry Bonds says he wants to return to baseball as a hitting coach -
"I love being home. I love being here," he said.

sports.espn.go.com:
AP Photo/Jeff ChiuBarry Bonds talks to fans during the third inning of the World Series on Wednesday. Before the game, Bonds said he'd like to get into coaching.

When asked if he'd like to do more than just cheer on his former team in the future, Bonds said he would be interested in becoming a hitting coach in the future.

"I have a gift and sooner or later I have to give it away," Bonds said. "I have to share it. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity here."

Bonds broke McGwire's single-season home run record with 73 in 2001 and went on to surpass Hank Aaron's career mark of 755 in his final season in 2007. The seven-time NL MVP hit 762 career home runs.